The combination of dark chocolate and coco nibs reminds me of Stuttgart airport. What was I doing in Stuttgart airport? I had a one hour layover that turned into 5 on my way from San Tropez to Mallorca. I was starving but they only had pale sausages and sad potatoes. They didn’t even had nuts. They had all the usual duty free candy and chocolate and probably junk food that I don’t consider edible. I ended up buying and eating lots of extra dark chocolate. One of the Lindt bars I bought was dark chocolate and cocoa nibs. Bitter and bitterer equals addiction.
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Cocoa Nibs
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- 1 pasture egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup spelt flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks*
- 1 tablespoon cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put the sugar into a medium bowl and pour the avocado oil over it. Whisk them until well combined. Break the egg into the bowl, add the vanilla and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flours, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture and stir into a smooth batter. Stir in the chocolate chunks and cocoa nibs.
- Use a tablespoon to dollop the batter on the lined baking sheets, leaving a 2.5 inch gap between – the cookies spread out! Flatten the cookies with your fingers then put into the oven, and bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cookies are just turning golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool for a couple of minutes before you eat or before you store them.