A while ago, my husband and I went to see a friend performance. When we got to the bar, where the show was to take place, somewhere in Echo Park, the bouncer told us that the show wouldn’t start until much later, after 11pm. We decided not to wait because waiting meant getting les sleep at night and paying more on babysitting. We decided to explore Echo Park and maybe sit in a little cafe or a restaurant. We had dinner earlier with the boys so we were not really hungry, but we always have room for something exquisite or delightfully sweet. We found on google map vegan place called Sage vegan bistro. As I said we were not hungry so we ordered the carrot ice cream and a zesty fruit salad with a rosemary touch, that was very refreshing and extraordinary.
I wish I remembered more often how satisfying a simple fruit salad can be, especially like the one we had in Sage Cafe.
- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 3 oranges
- 2 pear (optional)
- 1 orange to juice over the salad (or lime - it goes well too )
- ½ teaspoon grand marnier or any whisky
- Organic Thompson raisins (optional)
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- A few leaves of basil - optional
- Peel and dice the fruits and put into a medium salad bowl.
- Cut the orange in half and squeeze both halves over the salad bowl, it it's easier use a citrus squeezer. Add the grand marnier and raisins into the bowl and toss.
- Wash the rosemary and basil leaves in cold water and dry. Finely chop them and sprinkle them over the salad, and serve.