Cashew e Pepe
If you like your food spicy, crush the peppercorns with a mortar and pestle (or put 1 teaspoon in a paper napkin, folded, then carefully smash with a rolling pin.)
- 1½ cups soaked cashews - overnight is better but 30 minutes in boiled water is fine too
- 1½ cups pasta cooking water
- A drizzle of olive oil - about 2 tablespoons
- ½ tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 leaves dried sage or a handful of parsley leaves only
Put all the ingredients except the sage leaves in a food processor and process until you get a smooth creamy sauce. If the sauce is too thick add 1–2 tablespoons water.
Pour the sauce into a skillet and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and pour over the pasta.
Mix and correct seasoning. Serve in deep plates. Break the sage leaves over and sprinkle more black pepper if needed.