green hummus with tomato salad
Servings: 4 as an appetizer
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Generous handful spinach
- 5-10 leaves of basil - mint or both
- 1-2 small cooked potatoes
- 1 can or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup lemon juice or 1 tablespoon pickled limes or lemon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt
- 2-3 to matoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ small spicy green pepper or jalapeño - optional
- 2-6 mint leaves
To make the hummus:
Put everything in a food processor and process until you get a smooth hummus.
To serve it, spread the hummus on a large flat plate, drizzle olive oil over and place the tomato salad in the center.
To make the salad:
Dice the tomatoes and put them into a small bowl.
Crush the garlic straight into the bowl. Cut the pepper in half, remove the seeds, chop finely (use as much as you like) and add into the bowl. If the mint leaves are large, chop them and add into the bowl. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss with your hand.