Almond & Asian pear cake
A great, light cake to have with an afternoon tea or even as a dessert.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 cup almond meal (or you can grind about 1 cup raw almonds in a food processor)
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour or whole-wheat flour (if you don't have oat flour you can grind one cup rolled oats in a food processor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 medium asian pears - diced - about 1½ cups (you can use Bartlett pears instead)
Preheat the oven to 375°F (180°C). Line an English-cake tin with baking paper.
In a large bowl, mix together the oil, agave, sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat in the eggs and stir gently.
Add the almond meal, oat flour, baking powder, and salt into the bowl and mix until the batter is smooth. Toss in the pears.
Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for about 35 - 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let it cool completely on a wire rack before serving.