You must trust me when I tell you that these are the best chocolate chip cookies in the world! Extremely easy to make, about 5 minutes to prepare and 8–10 minutes to bake. The granola is optional but adds a nice crunchiness and wholesomeness. Enjoy!
Chocolate chip & granola cookies
- 1 stick (or ½ cup) unsalted butter (or ghee)
- ½ cup cane sugar (or plain sugar)
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate – chopped into small pieces. I put the chocolate in a plastic bag, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let Alex crush it with a rolling pin.
- ¼ cup granola, your choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan on low heat. Meanwhile, put the sugar into a mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter on top of the sugar and mix well with a wooden spoon. Break the egg into the bowl, and add the vanilla. Mix until the mixture is well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt into the mixing bowl, and stir until all the ingredients are well combined, then stir in the chocolate and granola. Use a tablespoon to place dollops of the mixture on the lined baking sheets, leaving plenty of space in between them – the cookies really spread out! You can flatten the dough with your palm to help the cookies spread out. Put the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are just turning golden brown.
- After removing from the oven, leave the cookies on the baking sheets to cool for a couple of minutes, then carefully transfer them to a wire rack.
My boys are the undisciplined ones, that look at their cookies instead of the camera as I instructed them to do.