Yesterday was a fucking, terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
It’s started with a blood test (I hate blood tests, they make me insanely paranoid).
It continued with a call to Cigna, our health insurance. I don’t know what is worse, the part that you speak to a robot for a few minutes until you shout at it “OPERATOR!!!” or the part that the robot transfers you to a human being, that happened to be a robot himself.
After I was done talking with robots, I had to drive to the bank to get a cashier’s check to send to Cigna. I arrived to the bank without my wallet. Urgh! Accidentally, I grabbed the wrong bag (I forgot that I used the black bag the day before so I drove back home, and grabbed the black bag and drove back to the bank. And guess what?!? My wallet wasn’t in this bag either URGH!!!!!
I didn’t know if I should punch myself hard or laugh at my stupidity. Apparently, I left my wallet on my desk when I removed my insurance card to call the insurance company. Jesus Christ!
- Forget fashion, stick to one bag!
- Sometimes it’s better to procrastinate.
- If you nerves about your blood test results don’t do errands 🙂
There are three ways to cook beets:
- My favorite way is to wrap them in wet baking paper (this way it’s easier to crumple the paper) and roast them in a 400°F preheated oven for about 40 minutes (if the beets are big and bulky, cut them in half before you cook them).
- Quarter them and steam them in a steaming pot or basket.
- Simmer them in water for about 40 minutes until they are tender.
- 2 cooked and peeled beets
- olive oil (you can also mix a teaspoon of truffle oil to add a gourmet flavor)
- Lemon juice from half lemon
- Salt & pepper
- Sumac – optional
- Basil or any other herb such as parsley, fresh oregano
- Burrata cheese – optional
Use a sharp knife or Japanese mandoline to slice the beets as finely as you can. Place the slices on a large plate. Drizzle olive oil, and squeeze the lemon over. Sprinkle salt and pepper, and sumac. Place the burrata in the center and garnish with basil.
No comments yet
יופי של תמונות- ממש מעורר תאבון!