It was supposed to be a fruit crisp but I overly processed the nut mixture until it became sandy. I tried to save it so I added 1 egg and turned into a crust, a yummy crust but chewy. I ended up serving only the baked fruits with a scoop of almond yogurt and some basil leaves. My husband suggested adding some toasted nuts but I thought they were unnecessary. The smoothness was very satisfying that my palate didn’t want any distractions.
Baked Nectarines, Peaches & Plums
- 5 medium nectarines
- 5 medium peaches
- 5 medium plums
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegan butter
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon whisky
- ¼ cup almond or plain yogurt
- 6-8 basil or mint leaves
- Cut the fruits in half, remove the pit and slice each half lengthwise into 4.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Put the ghee or butter in a medium (9in/23cm) cast iron or another heavy bottom skillet and melt it (you can put it for 30 seconds in the oven.
- Arrange the fruits around the edge of the skillet in circles. (When you reach the center, you can chop the last fruits and place them in the center). Drizzle the maple syrup and whisky and bake until the fruits are tender and have some brown spots, about 30-40 minutes, depending on their size.
- Let the fruits cool down then serve in the skillet with a generous scoop of yogurt in the center and sprinkle the basil or mint around.