My plan was to make a fruit crisp but I accidentally over processed the nut mixture into sand. I added 1 egg to save it but it turned into a chewy crust. Pretty yummy crust but I didn’t use it. I ended up serving the baked fruits with a scoop of almond yogurt and basil leaves and it was delicious. My husband added toasted nuts to his. I thought they were a distraction in this joyful smoothness.
Baked Nectarines, Peaches & Plums
- 5 medium nectarines
- 5 medium peaches
- 5 medium plums
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegan butter
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon whisky
- ¼ cup almond or plain yogurt
- 6-8 basil or mint leaves
- Cut the fruits in half, remove the pit and slice each half lengthwise into 4.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Put the ghee or butter in a medium (9in/23cm) cast iron or another heavy bottom skillet and melt it (you can put it for 30 seconds in the oven.
- Arrange the fruits around the edge of the skillet in circles. (When you reach the center, you can chop the last fruits and place them in the center). Drizzle the maple syrup and whisky and bake until the fruits are tender and have some brown spots, about 30-40 minutes, depending on their size.
- Let the fruits cool down then serve in the skillet with a generous scoop of yogurt in the center and sprinkle the basil or mint around.