Three words to describe this cake: moist, dense and rich. It finishes usually in thirty minutes. My husband found the recipe in Martha Stewart’s Living Magazine. The picture and recipe didn’t look exciting but I didn’t have eggs and I was curious. I made it a few minor changes.
1-Bowl Vegan Chocolate Cake
No one believes it's vegan. Can be made gluten-free as well. You can play with the recipe and make different variation of it. It requires only 1 bowl and basic staples.
- 1 cup warm nut milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour or GF flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup avocado oil or coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing the cake pan
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (or distilled white vinegar)
- ½ cup dark chocolate coarsely chopped – about 2-ounces (preferably 70% cacao)
- Preheat the oven to 375. Grease an 8-inch cake pan with oil and line the bottom of it with baking paper.
- Put the nut milk and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Add the coconut sugar, almond flour, flour, baking soda and salt and whisk until combined.
- Add the avocado oil and cider vinegar and whisk until the batter is thick and smooth but pretty runny.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Sprinkle the chocolate chunks over the cake and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely on a wire rack before you invert it, about 10-15 minutes or so.
- Run a knife around the edge of the cake, invert onto a serving plate or cake stand.
Experimentation is the name of the game:
- For fruity flavor you can spread any jam on the bottom of the pan before you pour in the batter.
- For caramel flavor you can either sprinkle sugar or spread caramel sauce/dulce de leche on the bottom of the pan before pouring in the batter.
- You can use little chunks of white chocolate instead of dark.
- To make a chocolate glaze: melt 2-ounces of dark chocolate in a heat-proof bowl over simmering water. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and mix. Pour the glaze over the cooled cake. Using a spatula or knife , gently spread it over.
No comments yet
נראת בדיוק העוגה בשבילי! ברגע שאסיים את כל האפיה המטורפת לקראת סוף השנה, מבטיחה לנסות
עשית לי ממש חשק…
כבוד גדול לי. תודה!