Me: Why do you like this salad very much?
Leo: Because I like super-mega-crunchy vegetables.
Alex: Because it’s good and it has a nice color.
Cabbage Salad With Pumpkin Seeds
This is a quick, healthy and delicious salad that kids love. You can eat this salad for lunch with rice or quinoa, and a drizzle of tahini or peanut butter.
- ½ head red cabbage (or green cabbage if you must)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2 -3 scallion - only the green part - or cilantro
- 1 lemon (or lime) – a must!
- 3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Bragg’s or tamari
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or
- Chop the cabbage finely with a sharp knife or Japanese mandoline and put it into a large salad bowl. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and toss.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a toaster oven at 300ºF (160°C) or in a skillet over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Chop the scallion finely and add it into the salad bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon straight into the salad bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and pumpkin seeds, and toss. Taste and correct seasoning.
I wrote pumpkin seeds are optional but they’re actually a must, if you can! They taste meaty – my husband swears they taste like bacon. And don’t try to make it without lemon, it’s a fundamental ingredient in this salad!
No comments yet
give me the recipe it looks so good
Thanks! The recipe is in the post. Click on read more, scroll down and you’ll find it.