Leo: Mommy, we’re bored!
Mommy: How can you be bored when you have a friend over?
Leo: Can we play Skylanders?
Mommy: Ok, I can put it on my blog.
Kenneth (Leo’s friend): So can we film a new episode?
Mommy: Do you have any ideas of what you want to do in your episode?
Kenneth: Not really…
Mommy: Would you like to make a cake or something? Kenneth, I know you don’t like chocolate, do you like banana bread?
Kenneth: I love banana bread! Can you film us making the banana bread and put it on YouTube?
Kenneth (to Leo): Awesome! Maybe we’ll get more views than Smosh…
They made my dairy-free banana bread, so I could eat it too, and it came out delicious, as usual.
- ½ cup olive oil or coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups spelt or all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chips - optional
- ¼ cup shredded coconut - optional
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, crushed - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Put the oil, maple and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk until the batter is smooth. Add the mashed bananas and stir. The batter will harden slightly so you want to stir with a wooden spoon. Stir in the chocolate chips, shredded coconut and nuts and pour the batter into the lined pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 -40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.