Leo: Mommy, we’re bored!
Mommy: How can you be bored when you have a friend over?
Leo: Can we play Skylanders?
Mommy: Ok, I can put it on my blog.
Kenneth (Leo’s friend): So can we film a new episode?
Mommy: Do you have any ideas of what you want to do in your episode?
Kenneth: Not really…
Mommy: Would you like to make a cake or something? Kenneth, I know you don’t like chocolate, do you like banana bread?
Kenneth: I love banana bread! Can you film us making the banana bread and put it on YouTube?
Kenneth (to Leo): Awesome! Maybe we’ll get more views than Smosh…
(Kenneth is Leo’s friend. They started a while ago to film and post their own videos on YouTube.)
- ½ cup canola oil or coconut
- ½ cup agave or maple
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an English cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl beat together with a wooden spoon the oil with sugar and agave, add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue to beat until everything is well blended.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until you get a smooth batter. Add the mashed bananas – and the optional ingredients – and stir.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 -40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack.
No comments yet
WOW!!! Congrats you guys!!! We love the blog and love seeing Leo and Kenneth! So proud of you. Will let Josh and AIdan watch it tonight as we are getting ready for school….kisses and missing you all, Sandra and Familia
Thank you! We miss you too…
WOW !! looks scrumptious.. Leo and Kenneth are adorable.. seems so easy.. was it?? what will you cook/bake next?? cannot wait to see..
A M A Z I N G ! ! !
LOVED IT !!!!
Thanks! It is scrumptious! I promise them to make another show this weekend… Thanks again!
Max: that show was awesome! The anvil part was funny!
(but I wouldn’t want to eat them…)
yes, I would skip the anvils too, but the bread/cake is really delicious!
I made it.finally Liav was willing to try it.
I told him there is chocolate inside.
Did you like it?