We are still in quarantine, cooking and baking nonstop. Hope you’re all doing well and getting the most out of this situation. Sending my love and strength to anyone who needs it xxs
I already posted two or more banana bread recipes but this is gluten-free and can easily be grain-free, if you use cassava flour. If you do then use only ¾ cup cassava flour and ½ cup coconut milk. Cassava flour gets thick when mixed with liquid.
I tried bunch of vegan versions but they came out too dense and too heavy, and not very tasty. If you have a great vegan recipe that works, please share it with me.
Banana Bread With Whisky & Chocolate Chunks
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon whisky or vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks - optional
- Peel the bananas and put them on a big plate. Cut one banana in half lengthwise and put back on the plate. Put about 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is warm, put the banana halves in and fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip gently and fry until lightly golden. Set a side.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/190°C and line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mash the other two bananas with a fork and set a side.
- Put the coconut oil and sugar in a medium bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Stir in the coconut milk and whisky. Add the eggs and whisk everything gently to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir gently with a spatula until the batter is smooth. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chunks and stir gently until well combined.
- Put the fried bananas over the batter and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes, until the cake is golden brown.
- The cake is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center of it comes out clean.