NEVER THROW AWAY OVERLY RIPE BANANAS!
dairy-free banana bread
Servings: 6 slices
- 3 overly ripe bananas + 1 for topping
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ¼ plant-based milk
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 + ¼ cup spelt flour or regular all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice or cinnamon
- Handful dark chocolate chip - optional
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line a loaf pan with baking paper. Mash 3 bananas until smooth, a bit chunky is fine. Set a side.
- Put the coconut oil, coconut sugar and milk in a medium bowl and stir until combined. Add the eggs and beat gently.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined. Add mashed bananas and chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Slice 1 banana and arrange the slices over the cake in rows (or however you like) and sprinkle a little bit coconut sugar over the bananas. Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Put on a plate and serve. You can eat it with butter or nut butter. If it’s not sweet enough you can drizzle honey over.
The sliced banana on the cake is optional