Remember the days when cauliflower wasn’t popular? When she was considered boring? When no one knew what to do with her?
Well those days are over, a decade ago. Now she is a mega celebrity that everyone wants to cook with.
If you didn’t pay attention to the glorious life of our cauliflower friend and you’re still not sure what to make with her make this salad for a start or simply roast her, turn her into rice, make pizza crust out of her, put her in raw and cooked salads, soups, curries, steaks… The variations are endless. She is a star but she doesn’t got Betty Davis eyes. Enjoy winter (or any season you’re in now) xxs
Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 1 small cauliflower head
- Olive oil
- Sweet or smoked paprika - optional
- Sea salt
- 15 grape tomatoes
- Handful cilantro or parsley
- Tahini butter - optional
- ½ lemon - optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and put the florets on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and paprika and toss. Roast for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and put in a large bowl. Chop the cilantro and add to the bowl. Add the roasted cauliflower too and toss. Taste and add salt if necessary. Drizzle tahini butter and squeeze the lemon into the bowl and serve.