If you are
An Instant gratificationer
Can’t eat dairy
Need something with your tea
Love the combo of chocolate and orange
You have to try this!
Orange & chocolate madeleines
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup avocado oil or other neutral tasting oil
- 3 small eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest from 1 orange
- ¾ cup superfine brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 heaping tablespoons tapioca or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Handful chocolate chunks – optional
- Put the coconut sugar and avocado oil in a medium bowl and whisk vigorously. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and orange zest (you can zest it straight into the bowl) and continue to whisk until the mixture is thick, 1-2 minutes. Fold in the dry ingredients and continue to fold gently until they’re incorporated.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C. You can either pipe batter or spoon it into the molds. Fill only ¾ of each mold. Put 2-3 chocolate chunks on some and bake for 10-12 minutes or until browned.