Store bought granolas are too sweet for me. Also why to buy granola when you can make it chic-chak ,quickly (baking though takes 40 minutes, so you know) and add any fruit or nuts you like.
- 4 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted or avocado oil or ghee
- ⅓ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract – optional
- Preheat the oven to 285ºF/165°C and line a large baking tray with with baking paper.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl or on the lined baking tray and toss them with your hands to coat the oats with the oil and honey. Spread the granola evenly on the tray and bake for 40 minutes or until the granola is tan, stirring every 15 minutes to allow the granola to bake evenly.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the granola cool. Add the dried fruits, nuts and seeds and store in a jar, container or Ziploc bag. Shake the jar, container or bag gently to mix the granola.
- Eat with plain yogurt or almond yogurt and fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries or raspberries. If the granola is not sweet enough for you, drizzle a little bit of honey or maple syrup into the yogurt bowl.