Vegan boy complains that there’s nothing sweet in the house. He threatens to go to CVS to buy candy. Neurotic mom says “Wait! Don’t go, I’ll make something”. Quickly she melts a bar of Trader’s Joe’s 72% dark chocolate and mixes it with coconut oil. Then she spreads it on baking paper and tops it with granola she made earlier this morning. The boy is satisfied. The mom is relieved.
A few years ago I posted a similar recipe but instead of one large bar you dot the chocolate and make chocolate discs.
Chocolate Bar Topped With Granola
- 3.5 oz. 100g 72% dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Coarse salt
- ¼ cup granola or toasted and chopped nuts dried fruits - seeds
- Line 2 trays, flat plates or cutting boards that fit in the fridge with baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over lower heat. DON’T stir the chocolate.
- Remove from the chocolate from the heat and mix the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Pour the chocolate on the center of the baking papers and spread it gently with a spatula. Sprinkle the granola or your favorite toppings over and transfer to the fridge to harden – about 20-30 minutes. Break the chocolate into smaller pieces, store in a container and keep it in the fridge for up to a month.