No ice cream machine, no dairy, no refined-sugar, no effort, no fuss, just a little bit of patience until the bananas are frozen, and then one more time after you process them into a creamy ice cream.
You can still have a few bites before you freeze the ice cream. After you made it once you must make it again with your favorite flavors, chocolate, caramel, rum & raisins, you name it. Enjoy xxs
Banana, Whisky & Coconut Nice-cream
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 - 3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup - optional
- 1 tablespoon whisky - optional
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Handful coconut flakes
- Peel and slice the bananas. Put them in a freezing bag or container and put in the freezer overnight, until they are frozen.
- The next day, preheated the oven to 350F/180C and toast the coconut flakes until they are lightly golden, 5 minutes. You can also do it in a skillet over low heat.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and put them into a food processor (in the blender they become too soft and mushy).
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse – every now and then scrape down the sides with a spatula – until the bananas turn into a soft-serve ice cream. Put the ice cream in a container and freeze up to two weeks.