There is an old pessach song that we sing in the seder, it basically suggests how you should feel around this time of year:
“Simcha raba, simcha raba” – Great joy, great joy
“Aviv hegia'” – Spring has arrived
“Pessach ba!” – Passover came!
Stop and photograph the flowers! I took these pictures, while we were strolling around our neighborhood (Mid-Whilshire) this afternoon.
There are so many ways to make haroset but this one is my favorite. It’s not too sweet like other haroset recipes . I wish you a colorful and beautiful holiday.
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ½" piece of ginger (optional)
- 1 tablespoon marsala or any sweet red wine
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix for 1 - 2 minutes or until all the ingredients are finely chopped and begin to stick together and roll into a ball. Transfer the Charoset into a jar or a container and refrigerate until serving.