I was craving cookies but run out of coconut sugar or maple syrup so I decide to use molasses to make my basic cookies recipe.
Molasses has a strong, burnt flavor but with pumpkin spice it somehow disappear. I grounded oats to make oat flour and mixed it with just a little bit buckwheat flour because of its strong earthy flavor that I like, but in savory baked goods can be over powering.
Which picture you like more?
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- ½ cup oat flour - you can process ½ rolled oats in a food processor
- 1 heaping tablespoon buckwheat flour
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil - or olive oil
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract - optional
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/190°C, If your oven is on the hotter side lower the temperature to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon to dollop the dough onto the baking sheet, leave big gaps between each cookie. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until brown.