We live on side dishes. Instead of making a main dish with a side dish, I prefer to make two or three vegetables dishes with a condiment on the side. The meal is lighter but filling, and fulfilling. You can serve it with smashed yams or potatoes, roasted vegetables with toasted almonds or plant-based shepherd’s pie.
Indian-ish Yellow beans
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 medium onion - diced small
- 2-3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 inch ginger - minced
- 1 teaspoon madras curry powder
- 1 lb. yellow or green beans, ends trimmed - (450g)
- 3 medium tomatoes - diced
- Handful cilantro - chopped
- Olive oil
- Almond yogurt – optional
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and saute for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and a generous pinch of salt, and stir. Set a spoonful cilantro aside for garnish and add the rest to the pan. Add ½ cup water and bring into a boil then lower the heat to simmer, and cook until the beans are soft.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and cilantro.