This is the kind of food that I eat on a daily basis, usually in the winter, when I feel that I’m coming down with something. I also avoid eating sugar and take extra vitamin C and D. It works when I am religious about it but regardless this is delicious and quick to make.
peas, shiitakes & spinach
- 2 cups peas
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms - quartered
- 3 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1 +½ inch ginger - grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups baby spinach - or 1 bunch spinach
- Handful cilantro - chopped
- 1 organic egg - beaten - optional
- Olive oil
- Put the peas and mushrooms in a medium saucepan. Add 1 cup filtered water and bring into a boil. Lower the heat to medium and add the crushed garlic, grated ginger and turmeric and cook for 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cilantro and bring into a boil.
- Pour the egg in but don't stir, let it cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat. Serve in a bowl with a generous drizzle of olive oil.