Sweet potato lovers, this is for you. If you’re not, try this dish then see if I changed your mind. I only like them when they’re cooked or prepared with acidic, citrusy or nutty flavors. They’re too sweet for me on their own. In this recipe the lemony tahini and acidic tomatoes tame their sweetness and create a perfect balance. I show on Instagram how to make it @ShellysHumbleKitchen. Please follow me If you don’t xxs
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini & Tomato Puree
- 6 medium sweet potatoes – washed carefully and cut lengthwise into thick sticks
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder or 1 tablespoon chipotle paste – optional
- Coarse salt
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup tahini butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, pureed in the blender
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the sweet potatoes on the lined tray. Drizzle the oil over and sprinkle the chipotle powder and salt. Coat the potatoes in the oil, toss them with your hands. Flatten them on the tray and bake them until they are tender and the edges are brownish, about 15-20 minutes.
- Make the tahini. Put the tahini ingredients in a cereal bowl. Whisk until you get a creamy soft paste. If the texture is too thick, add lemon juice or water. If it's too runny, add 1 tablespoon tahini.
- Serve the sweet potato on a large plate. Drizzle over the tahini and tomato puree, and garnish with parsley (be generous with the parsley. It adds freshness). Enjoy!