I always roast my cauliflower but I never thought of making a salad with it. Until I did and it came out beautiful and delicious.
You can chop the florets with a sharp knife but it’s more, much more, satisfying to shave it on a Japanese mandoline (just be careful).
- 1 small or medium cauliflower - finely chopped
- Handful mint - finely chopped
- Handful parsley - finely chopped
- Handful cilantro - finely chopped
- ½ cup sunflower seeds - toasted in a skillet over low heat until slightly golden (don’t add oil)
- ½ cup almonds - toasted (with the sunflower seeds) and chopped
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- For the dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Pinch of white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Put the chopped cauliflower in a sauce pan with 1/2 cup water. Steam for 3 minutes and drain. Let it cool. Put in a large bowl.
- Add the herbs and nuts.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and pour it over the salad.
- Toss. Taste and correct seasoning.