I always roast my cauliflower but never thought to chop it finely and make a beautiful salad with it.
Before you chop the cauliflower, rinse and dry it with a clean kitchen towel. You can slice the florets finely with a sharp knife or with a Japanese mandoline.
Don’t throw away the stalky part. You can chop it finely, then roast it as I mentioned above, or keep it whole, coat it with tahini butter and roast it in a 200°C or 400°F preheated oven.
Cauliflower and Herb Salad
- 1 small or medium cauliflower, only florets finely chopped with a sharp knife or ½ cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds (in a skillet over low heat until golden, don’t add oil!)
- ½ cup almonds, chopped and toasted (you can toast them in the same skillet as the sunflower seeds)
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- A dash of white pepper (or black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (optional)
Put all the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix all the dressing ingredients, then pour them over the salad. Toss and correct seasoning.