A while ago, my husband and I went to see a friend performance. When we got to the bar, where the show was to take place, somewhere in Echo Park, the bouncer told us that the show wouldn’t start until much later, after 11pm. We decided not to wait because waiting meant getting less sleep at night and paying more on babysitting. We decided to explore Echo Park and maybe sit in a little cafe or a restaurant. We had dinner earlier with the boys so we were not really hungry, but we always have room for something exquisite or delightfully sweet. We found on google map a vegan cafe called Sage vegan bistro. As I said we were not hungry so we ordered the carrot ice cream and a wintery fruit salad with rosemary. Both were refreshing and exquisite.
Wintery Fruit Salad
- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 3 oranges
- 2 pear (optional)
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or any whisky or ½teaspoon orange blossom
- 2 tablespoons Organic Thompson raisins (optional)
- 1 sprig of rosemary, finely chopped
- Peel and dice the fruits and put into a medium salad bowl.
- Add the orange juice, Grand Marnier, raisins and rosemary and toss.
- Garnish with basil (optional) and serve in glasses or small bowls.