A while ago, my husband and I went to see a friend’s performance in Echo Park. We discovered that the show starts only at 11pm. So instead we strolled around the neighborhood and stumbled upon a busy vegan cafe. We weren’t hungry but we always have room for carrot ice cream and a fruit salad. The ice cream was so good though the fruit salad was wow-wow. The combination of the sweet and citrusy fruits, and piney rosemary was mind blowing!
Wintery Fruit Salad
- 2 apples
- 2 bananas
- 3 oranges
- 2 pears
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or any whisky or ½teaspoon orange blossom
- 2 tablespoons Organic Thompson raisins (optional)
- Peel and dice the fruits and put into a medium salad bowl. Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprig and chop them finely, and add to the fruit bowl.
- Pour the orange juice and Grand Marnier on the salad. Add the raisins and toss.
- Keep the salad in the fridge until you ready to eat it. Serve in glasses or small bowls.