There are so many versions of potato salads. I love them all. One of my favorite is the potato and herb salad and this one. It’s humble, easy to make and delicious. The caramelized onions gives it extra sweetness and smoothness. I eat it sometimes as a snack.
Potato & Caramelized Onion Salad
- 4 – 5 medium potatoes
- 2 – 3 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 large onion or 2 medium - sliced
- 5-10 sage leaves or any herb you have in hand - such as dill, oregano, rosemary, parsley
- ¼ cup veganaise or mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- Boil the potatoes in water until they are tender. Meanwhile, warm the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and sage until the onion is caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool a little bit. Peel them and put in a large bowl. Break them with a spoon into different sizes of chunks (on the small side). It’s okay if some of it get mashed. Add the caramelized onion and sage and toss. Add the veganaise (mayo), salt and pepper, and toss until the potatoes are coated in the mayo. Taste and correct seasoning, garnish with herb and serve.