This salad is made with humble ingredients but is full of flavors. It’s a little bit spicy and aromatic from the harissa, sour from the lemon juice and sweet from the carrots. You can make your own harissa or use a store bought one.
Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 8-10 medium carrots or sweet potato – peeled
- Lemon Juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- Handful parsley or cilantro – chopped finely
- Steam the carrots for 5 – 7 minutes until they’re starting to get tender (steaming time is depending on the size of the carrots). It’s not the end of the world if they tender, the salad would still be yummy. I like them a bit chewy.
- Slice the carrots into 1 inch and put into a medium bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over them and add the rest of the ingredients, and toss. Taste and correct seasoning. You can eat as a mezze, side, snack or in a sandwich.