Carrot isn’t very exciting but when you mix it with harissa and lemon juice it’s a different story. Love Story.
Moroccan Carrot Salad
Servings: 4 as a mezze
- 8-10 medium carrots or sweet potato – peeled
- Lemon Juice from 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons harissa
- Handful parsley or cilantro – chopped finely
- Steam the carrots for 5 – 7 minutes until they’re starting to get tender (steaming time is depending on the size of the carrots). It’s not the end of the world if they tender, the salad would still be yummy. I like them a bit chewy.
- Slice the carrots into 1 inch and put into a medium bowl. Squeeze lemon juice over them and add the rest of the ingredients, and toss. Taste and correct seasoning. You can eat as a mezze, side, snack or in a sandwich.