If you love porridge, great. If you don’t, I would love to change your mind about it. First you should know that I totally get why you don’t like porridge because I, myself, was a porridge hater for years until I had a good porridge.
So what’s a good porridge?
A good porridge is creamy, runny and fat from ghee, coconut oil, nut milk or nut butter. Good porridge is slightly sweet and slightly salty. Good Porridge has backup flavors such as vanilla, cardamom, cinnamon. To upgrade it from good to great you can serve it slices of banana, strawberries or blueberries and sprinkle crunchy nut over it. Good porridge is like a cashmere blanket to your soul.
If you already love porridge then you know what I am talking about. Good day yo’ll.
The Best Porridge
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3-5 cardamom pods or ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Nut milk - or 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 banana or any other fruit you like
- Handful walnuts or any nuts you like, chopped
- Maple syrup or agave
- Place the oats and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add a tiny pinch of sea salt, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Bring to a steady simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring often. make sure that porridge has enough liquid and that it doesn't burn in the bottom.
- Remove the cardamom pods and cinnamon stick and discard. Ladle into deep plates and pour over some nut milk. Slice the banana and add it to the bowl, sprinkle the nuts and drizzle the maple syrup over and serve.